Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 3 MTC

Well I have been really busy this week, hopefully all my letters to everyone have gotten to them safely. Lets see, where to begin this exciting week. Well let me start where I left off last week. 
btw.. Thanks for the letters and packages for those who sent them:) they were very nice to get

Sunday
- Nothing really exciting, we had someone from the MTC admin speak at the devotional

Monday
- Hmm, started teaching a new investigator which was cool

Tuesday
- Some very exciting stuff happened on this day. For the devotional I decided to sing in the missionary choir, the choir director is suck [I think he ment such] a funny cool guy. I wish i remembered his name but I can't and I didn't write it down. This day actually began with a Fast for my district. We decided we wanted to Fast in order to be prepared for learning the language at a faster pace. So I helped sing in the devotional on Tuesday, Elder Richard G. Scott of the quorum of the 12 apostles was the speaker. He spoke mostly about prayer and how we can better communicate with the Lord with praying sincerely. Twice he decided to give all the missionaries who were in the Marriott center who were also speaking a foreign language a apostolic blessing for the ability to have the gift of tongues. Which was awesome. This amazing thing happened twice, once in the beginning and then again at the end of him speaking. One of the more touching moments was when he talked about his deceased wife and how he knows that she was allowed to come down from heaven to visit him as he talked to all 3000 missionaries in the building. I think it was such a special meeting and its nice to know that all over the world people were watching the devotional. It was the first ever to be broadcast to every MTC worldwide. Which was awesome. That basically concluded our night and was a very quick, and direct answer to our fast. 

Wednesday
- today we started a English fast, we only spoke Tagalog throughout the day, since we know really only lesson words it was a very quite day
I saw Elder Batey which was cool! he seems excited to be here. [missionary from Morgan Hill who entered the MTC this week]

Just taught lessons and me and my companions decided to have a sleepover in another companions residence... that was prolly a form of disobedience but you know what, it allowed for us to get closer. The elders we stayed with were from the same district as us. So it was all good.

Saturday
- Well today is Prep Day, so we get a lot of extra time to take naps. Around 2 we are going to go to the provo temple. 

I miss everyone! Write me, my life is so simple right now that anything you are doing excites me in many ways.... joke lang. 

Mahal Kita,

Elder Rivera

[Note from Toni: I added a couple of notes in italics and I also added links to explain some of the things Alex makes reference to for those not of our faith.  You are welcome to email me with any questions any time, toni.rivera64@gmail.com, or add a comment to the blog and I will get an answer for you. I did get pictures and will post them as soon as I get a chance.]

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, Alex! You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete