Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 4

Well, I have been here way too long, It has gotten to the point where I can have a pretty long discussion with someone about Gospel topics.. Tagalog is a very simple language luckily. It only has one structure and all the rules are only shortcuts that you can do to say things faster. My teachers have basically only speaking Tagalog in class right now. And since I spend 6 hours in class a day, not to mention the study time I am learning the language very very quickly. My new "Investigators" are improving a lot. It brings me great joy that they are able to understand me. Next weeks email will be a lot better than today. Mostly because I get my flight plans for travel to the Philippines next Friday. In the next 2 weeks I will be flying to the Philippines. Also beginning next week we will Skype someone in the Philippines and talk to them about just random conversational stuff. Hmm, my zone gets new District Leaders and Zone leaders tomorrow, which is cool because there are only 6 companionship that could be the new Zone leaders and mine is one of them pero I do not think the I am going to become the new ones. I mostly think  it is going to be this companionship that is not in my district. I was able to go to the temple last Saturday which was amazing, the new video was amazing to be able to watch. Sunday was boring, except for the devotional that night. The speaker was Via ...... something last name.... I do not have my notes on me and It takes me awhile to go back to my residence hall. But this Via person was an amazing speaker. He played on BYU football team like 30+ years ago. After his mission he played pro NFL and was the first Tongan to play in the NFL. He is mormon and so awsome, he played for the Greenbay Packers, the Eagles, and some other team I can not think about. He has some great insights on missionary work. Tuesdays devotional was a member of the 70 presidency. He was a good speaker and I enjoyed the fact that he served in the area presidency of the Philippines quite a long time ago. Well, I do not know what else to talk about, nothing really exciting happens here. All of the guys spend nights pranking each other, which is alright because it is never harmful. Thanks for all the letters and packages, It always makes me smile to know that outside the MTC there is an actual world that has things happening. If you have any questions about my life in the MTC or anything feel free to ask. I have enough time to respond and I enjoy doing that. 
With much love,
Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment