Monday, January 6, 2014

Well, gwapo pa rin ako

As of this Wednesday I will be exactly 1 year 6 months away from swimming, not from seeing all my friends, just swimming. That's all I can think about in the Philippines, it's hot and the water looks so nice, and the ocean is warm. So many things that I want to do, but luckily it's all good, the only time I get homesick right now is when me and my companion do not get along, which is almost every day for the last 5 weeks, so maybe I should stop thinking about home.

So this week I have had a lot of fun, we found a lot of new people to teach, and even me and my companion have started to get along, right when he is about to leave, I think we all have our ups and downs as missionaries. But its all better when you realize that since the language is a lot easier right now I am not as stressed with teaching and talking to people in Tagalog. I stopped learning Illakano for awhile because it is not necessary.

I wish every one was here, it is beautiful in the Philippines, really it is. The people are so nice, and I truly love it here. I really want to return after my mission. Maybe I will just live here.. Joke.

Well not much has happened. This week has been really normal because its the week after News Years. New Years days was amazing. As a missionary I did not stay up, But as Alex, the human, I did, Let me explain what it is like in the Philippines for new years day. Lets just say lots of illegal fireworks, and people spend a lot of money of them. Around 100,000 peso, or 2000 american, on fireworks. So for about an hour strait I though that world war 3 had started.

Lots of love,

Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment