Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Chinese New Year, and also Valentines DAYYY

Wow, 
Love is in the air here in the Philippines. All them girls be checking me out! Actually not even a joke. I think the best pick up line that I keep getting from the gay people and them females is I quote "Heyyy, whats your religion" I never thought that religion could be used as a pickup line. Only in the Philippines could that happen.

So lets see, This week I have been extremely busy... being sick. No joke for last last few weeks(3 months) I have been having headaches. So I decided that I would figure out how to get rid of them. So I began with drinking water all day everyday, again not a joke.  I have been drinking so much water that  my urine is clear. Literally.  You should have seen me in lessons when I had to go to the bathroom. I think they thought I was extremely excited to teach. Although all I could think about was the fact that as I walked I could find a place to go to the bathroom.

SO back to my headaches. I decided it had something to do with my eyes, which was logical. My eyes would start hurting and then my headaches would start. So I got permission to visit the doctor, 400 pesos, or 10 dollars. SOOO CHEAP. But the eye doctor told me my amazingly blue eyes were perfect. So I asked him if it could be because my eyes were blue and they received more light and because of that I have been getting headaches. He said that was most likely what was happening. So at this point I was thinking.. YES! I have a medical excuse to wear sunglasses. So as soon as I got outside I texted our medical person here(wife of the mission pres) and she told me that she would ask her husband. So the next day of course I got food poisoning... and she responded with and told me to rest for the day.. which happened to be 2 days. Regarding the sunglasses she asked the area presidency if I could wear sunglasses while walking around during the day, I thought it would work! but it did not. They told me to just drink more water... But dont worry, I have a few other missionaries with blue eyes complaining about headaches right now. Maybe I can start a revolution here in the Philippines! 

Sorry, not to spiritual this week, unless you count worshiping the toilette spiritual. JOKES "." 

Love, 
Elder Rivera

P.S Ohh, and how is everyone doing. I have no idea what is happening in the world! Send me news peoples!!!!!! I keep hearing missionaries say that China is going to invade the Philippines. 

P.S.S send me pictures of everyone... I need to know what people look like! Ohh, and more picures of what I used to look like. Like my amazing beach body! LOVE YA

No comments:

Post a Comment